Elle from nutritionist-resource.org.uk shared this lovely recipe with me. I hope you like her guest post:
“One of my favourite quick, healthy and easy meals to make when I am in a rush is sweet chilli salmon, mangetout and noodles.
I told my colleagues that I had this when my partner was out and I had a really busy evening and they could not believe that I had gone to ‘so much trouble’ just to feed myself. Actually, I had only troubled myself for 20 minutes from start to finish! Here’s how I did it:
Elle’s Sweet Chilli Salmon And Noodles
1. Turn the oven on. Put your noodles in a pan of water, turn the hob on to full power.
2. Coat your salmon fillet in a teaspoon of sweet chilli sauce, put it on a sheet of tin foil in a baking tray (less scrubbing when you wash up!) and set your timer for about 16 minutes.
3. When the noodles are softening, add your mangetout to the water – they will only need a couple of minutes.
4. Drain the noodles and mangetout, put back into the pan with a tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce, warm through and then transfer on to your plate.
5. Take your salmon out of the oven, check it is cooked through and serve on top of your noodles.
6. Time to eat!*
*Glass of dry white wine to serve is optional.
If my calculations are correct, that meal took me 20 minutes to make including preheating the oven. Oven chips take approximately 20- 25 minutes plus time to preheat the oven. Point made?
If salmon isn’t your cup of tea, you could always use a chicken breast cut into about eight or nine pieces and dry fried. Vegetarians can scrap the meat altogether and just put in whatever vegetables you have lurking in the fridge – mushrooms, sweetcorn, sugar snap peas – anything really!
What’s your favourite quick and healthy meal to prepare?