Sweet & Sour Chicken
1 tsp five spice powder
1 chicken breast thinly sliced
1 pack of stir fry vegetables
1 jar of sweet & sour sauce
- Heat oil in a frying pan or wok, add chicken and stir until it has begun to colour.
- Increase the heat in the pan and add the stir fry vegetables, keep everything moving continuously around the pan for around 3-4 mins
- Add the five spice.
- Pour in your jar of sauce.
- Simmer your mixture for 10 mins, check a piece of chicken to ensure it is cooked through, if not continue cooking for another 5 mins.
Microwave rice is so quick I always recommend it. At Lidl it is usually 79p a packet!
Add an extra sliced pepper or some frozen sweetcorn at stage 2.
Ways to make this dish quicker:
– Try using buying pre-cooked chicken breast sold in the cooked meat section. Miss out stage one and add the cooked chicken just before adding your jar of sauce.