One of my favourite ingredients is watercress. It is amazingly healthy, it contains iron, calcium, folic acid, vitamin A, vitamin C and lots of other nutrients too. The Victorians used to eat Watercress sandwiches to provide their diet with vitamin C and if you want to find out exactly how good watercress is for you check out this website – watercress.co.uk
Watercress is an easy ingredient to use. I like to eat watercress just by itself as a salad, to wilt it into pasta sauces or to make a yummy sauce to go with grilled fish or chicken. Here’s my recipe for you:
1 salad pack Watercress
250ml Single Cream/Creme Fraiche
50ml white wine
- Blanche watercress in boiling water for 1 min, then transfer to a bowl of cold water with ice cubes.
- After 2/3 mins drain watercress into a tall jug, pour in the cream and wine.
- Use a hand food blender to blitz all the ingredients together.
- Heat the sauce in a saucepan on a low temperature.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle over fish or chicken.
Please leave feedback on this recipe and for everything you could possibly want to know about watercress visit – www.watercress.co.uk