I love to read other bloggers recipes and stories. Today I share with you my latest find – Michelle of UtterlyScrummy.blogspot.com She blogs a whole host of delicious, realistic recipes that are easy to follow. I found Michelle through Twitter. She is a Kiwi Mum living in England and I had so much emphathy for her as she shared the loss of family back home when the earthquake hit New Zealand. This is why I love blogging, it is more than opening a recipe book at home in your kitchen, it is sharing stories and ideas with other passionate homecooks across the globe!
This week I tried out Michelle’s Easy Chocolate Brownie Recipe:
- 125g unsalted butter
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup dark choc bits
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 20cm square cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour and eggs and beat with a wooden spoon until well combined. Stir in choc bits and nuts.
- Pour into prepared tin and smooth surface. Bake for 40 minutes until set. Remove from oven.
- Cool in tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Cut into squares to serve. Store in an airtight container.
I served this brownie to my little boy with greek yogurt and chopped pears. It was delicious!