I’ve been using turmeric in my cooking for a long time but I really need to use more of it. I’ve been reminding myself how many health benefits it has.
Here are 10 reasons to add turmeric to your diet:
- Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
- Is a natural liver detoxifier.
- May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
- It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.
- May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.
- Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
- Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.
- May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- One quick way to add turmeric to your diet is to put a teaspoon in with rice before cooking. The rice will turn yellow and be much more healthy!