Last year I received an application form for The Great British Bake Off, but there was no way I could take the pressure of cooking for a competition using an unknown oven and with a camera in my face! I did not even consider filling in the form. Instead I was very happy to watch the show every week and now it is Tuesday and the show has finished.
So I’ve been searching around on the interspace and I have managed to find that 6 of the contestants who have their own blogs. I’ve rounded them all up and I thought I’d share them here. Then, like me, you can keep up to date with their baking:
- Joanne Wheatley, 4, from my very own Essex, is blogging at Jo’s Blue Aga. If you visit her blog you can check out the baking classes she now runs from her home.
- Holly Bell, 31, from Leicester. Her blog is called Recipes From a Normal Mum.
- Mary-Anne, 45, from Kidderminster, blogs at Time To Cook Online. She has a wide variety of recipes and it is a good, easy to navigate site.
- Yasmin Limbert, from The Wirral, started her self title blog on blogspot. With photography as a hobby her blog has some lovely photos.
- Urvashi Roe, 40 from Enfield, London. Her blog is called The Botanical Baker which is reflected in her use of edible flowers to decorate her cupcakes on the show.
- Jason White, 19, from Croydon. He blogs under the title Preheat The Oven.