My cousin Joe is currently at university and expressed an interest in a meal plan that could help him with his shopping and cooking. I’ve consider my university days and put together this plan. The funny thing is it always seems to me only a short time ago I was a student, but it was nearly 10 years! Let me know what you think about my meal plan and please leave ideas so I can keep on improving.
- Chilli con Carne or Spaghetti Bolognese
- Tuna or Bacon Pasta
- Quick Jacket Potatoes with cheese and beans
- Chicken Curry
- Fry up (may seem unhealthy but is quick, full of protein and can add grilled tomatoes as a vegetable)*
- Chicken or Prawn Stir fry
- Battered fish (or fishfingers!) with wedges, peas and sweetcorn.
*Use a non-stick frying pan to reduce the amount of oil you will need to cook this meal.
As I remember students seem forever hungry, so I’ve added a few filling snack ideas which can be planned into a shopping trip.
- Beans on toast
- Cheese on toast
- Bacon sandwich
- Toasted ham and cheese sandwich
- Crumpets with jam
If you like my meal plan, you can see a basic shopping list to help here.
Recipes will be updated on this Student Meal Plan page so keep checking back!
Please forward a link to this page if you have friends or family at university who you think would benefit from my blog.