This weekend I was watching a Mum and her daughter at the supermarket. It was clear that this was a university student who was getting a whole lot of food shopping for free courtesy of the bank of Mum and Dad. It reminded me that I need to keep on top of my quick, easy recipes for students. My Student Meal Plan page sets out a basic list of 7 meals and links to a shopping list which is already prepared, what could be easier? I’ve listed it below, please link this blog post to anyone you think would find it useful:
Student Meal Plan:
- Chilli con Carne or Spaghetti Bolognese
- Tuna or Bacon Pasta
- Quick Jacket Potatoes with cheese and beans
- Chicken Curry
- Fry up (may seem unhealthy but is quick, full of protein and can add grilled tomatoes as a vegetable)*
- Chicken or Prawn Stir fry
- Battered fish (or fishfingers!) with wedges, peas and sweetcorn.
*Use a non-stick frying pan to reduce the amount of oil you will need to cook this meal.
As I remember students seem forever hungry, so I’ve added a few filling snack ideas which can be planned into a shopping trip.
- Beans on toast
- Cheese on toast
- Bacon sandwich
- Toasted ham and cheese sandwich
- Crumpets with jam
If you like my meal plan, you can see a basic shopping list to help here.