What is black garlic? That was my first thoughts when I saw a TV chef use this ingredients. I thought it must be a particular type of garlic that was only different only because of its colour. However, it turns out that black garlic is a regular bulb of garlic that has been slow cooked with heat and humidity over several weeks. to create soft sweet black cloves of garlic. Sainsbury’s asked their family food bloggers would they like to try out this produce that is new to their range. After seeing this product on TV for the first time recently I was interested to give it a try and found it has a sweet flavour that reminds some how to baslamic vinegar, but does not taste like traditional garlic.
I tried the ingredients in this tasty Salmon dish which my family really enjoyed. Hope you like it.
- 4 fresh salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 300g tagliatelle pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 tbsp caesar salad dressing
- 2 cloves black garlic chopped finely
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°c. Place the salmon fillets on a baking tray and drizzle over lemon juice; cook in the hot oven for 15-20 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to packet instructions in a pan of salted boiling water, drain when ready.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan add the red onion, fry for 3-4 minutes or until the onion has softened.
- Add the drained pasta into the frying pan and stir to coat it with the onion.
- Turn off the heat under the pan and add the caesar dressing, black garlic, rosemary and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to coat the pasta.
- Place the pasta on a plate and serve with the salmon on top.
- Sprinkle with a little grated Parmesan and black pepper