I really love homemade Lamb Curry. Here is a quick recipe that I sometimes use:
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 glove garlic
- 2 tsp curry powder (or make own mix of 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tumeric, 1/4 ginger powder, 1/4 dried chilli flakes)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 lamb chops
- 2 tbsp dried red lentils
1. Fry onion, garlic and curry powder in frying pan on medium heat, add lamb chops and sear on both sides.
2. Pour tinned tomatoes and lentils into pan, allow to bubble and then turn down to a low heat and place on a lid*.
3. Allow to cook on a very low heat for 20 mins.
Serve with a tasty rice:
Heat a potion of mixed vegetables in the microwave, stir veg into a packet of cooked microwave rice.
Add sultanas and chopped fresh coriander to the rice.
*Use a large heatproof plate if you do not have a lid with your frying pan.