Yesterday I wrote about how to make pumpkin puree which is popular in American cooking. They use it to make cakes, scones, puddings and pies. If you don’t want to make your own pureed pumpkin a canned version which is available from this website: Americansweets.co.uk
I used my pumpkin puree in a parfait, adding spices and honey before layering it with muesli and Greek yogurt as seen in my photograph above.
Serves 6 portions of parfait
- 500g pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground allspice (or ground mixed spice)
- 1 500g tub of plain yogurt
- 200g muesli
- Stir into pumpkin puree all the ingredients.
- Mix well and taste, add more spices or sugar to your liking.
- Layer alternately puree, yogurt, muesli for about three layers (see my photo for inspiration)