Here is a fun recipe, not for food but for play dough. This recipe is for anyone out there that has kids, grandkids etc. This is a really easy recipe and kids can help make the play dough before they start using it. The big bonus is making play dough yourself is really cheap!
Thanks to my new friend Elisha Sing for sharing her play dough recipe and photo. I have not made my own play dough before and her recipe looks easy to follow.
Elisha is a qualified childcare worker from Australia and she is over here visiting us while she is looking for Nanny work in the UK.
Here is her recipe:
- 1 ½ Cup plain flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup of warm water, preferable on the hotter side.
- Food colouring of whatever colour you want.
1. Boil the kettle, when the water is hot wait for it to cool down a little or just add some cold water to the hot water.
2. Place flour in a big mixing bowl then add salt, oil and cream of Tartar than give it a good mix.
3. Add the water and the food colouring, depending on how coloured you want it add a little for some colour or add lots for a fun effect.
4. Mix all the ingredients together well until the dough is nice and firm, a good tip is to pull parts of the dough apart and add flour if it seems too wet or slimy.
5. Once you have your coloured dough, when not in use, wrap it well in cling wrap and place in seal tight container.
6. Have Fun