Stir fry is one of my favourite week night meals to cook. My 3 year old, George, loves it and it gets him eating lots of vegetables. I love cooking stir fry because I can always get a meal on the table in at least 15 minutes! How good is that? I like to use prawns and to change my usual recipe, I added peanut butter watered down with hot water to make a yummy sauce. It is really good!
- 1tsp five spice
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 100g peas
- Packet of fresh ready to use stir fry vegetables (approx 400g)
- 250g pre-cooked prawns (I use frozen prawns and defrost them in my fridge)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp peanut butter mixed with 1/2 tbsp hot water
- approx 250g noodles
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Handful fresh coriander (optional)
- Handful roasted peanuts (optional)
- Heat noodles in boiling water according to packet instructions.
- Pour oil into a large wok and put on a high heat, when oil is really hot add the spices, the peas and packet of stir fry vegetables, stir quickly around the wok, after a few minutes add the prawns.
- Move prawns quickly around the wok for only a few minutes before adding lime juice and pouring over peanut butter.
- keep stirring until prawns are hot and vegetables have wilted, this should take approx 3-4 minutes.
- Drain noodles, transfer to the wok and use chop sticks to mix everything together.
- Serve with fresh coriander and roasted peanuts