I often try to persuade my husband to eat meat free meals, not just because they are healthy but because they are also cheap. I’ve found a winner with this pasta recipe which, as with all my recipes, is quick and easy. Baby G likes this too as he really loves olives.
- 150g pasta
- 1 medium head of broccoli
- 3/4 bay leaves
- 50g sliced green olives
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 50g ground almonds
- 3 tbsp toasted breadcrumbs
- Cook pasta until al dente, meanwhile cut the broccoli into florets and steam along with bay leaves for approx 6 mins, or until tender.
- Heat the oil and garlic gently in a frying pan, add the olives and ground almonds, and add a spoonful of water.
- Drain pasta and add with broccoli and breadcrumbs to the frying pan, mix well together.
- Add extra olive oil, maybe some parmesan and plenty of black pepper before serving.