Last night was the first dinner we had outside in our garden so we could take advantage of the sunshine. It is lovely to enjoy our garden and appreciate our new fruit trees given to us by the Actimel Family Wellbeing Fund. I cooked such a quick meal but it was also healthy and yummy! We are trying to eat more fish and get away from too many stodgy carbohydrate meals. For this meal I used tiger prawns which we bought on special offer but use whatever type of prawns you prefer. Here is the recipe if you want to cook a super quick meal.
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable/olive oil (whichever you have)
- 50g butter
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 spring onions or half an onion, chopped
- 1tsp mixed dried herbs
- 200g fresh tiger prawns
- 1tsp tomato puree
- 250ml white wine (or substitute with chicken/vegetable stock)
- Black pepper
- Heat saucepan, add oil and butter, once oil is hot add in garlic, onion and herbs.
- Stir and check onion is lightly browned and add prawns along with tomato puree and continue stirring.
- Add white wine, and as much black pepper as you like, and leave until the liquid is bubbling and all the prawns have turned from grey to pink.
- Serve with any fresh herbs you may have, parsley, chives etc.
We ate this meal with brown rice and salad. To make the salad interesting I made a fresh dressing
Orange & Hazelnut Dressing:
- Toast a large handful of hazelnut.
- Crush them roughly in a pestle and mortar.
- Add some oil (approx 1 tbsp).
- Throw in some chopped chives.
- Finish with the juice of a freshly squeezed orange.
- Drizzle over your salad.