My big brother Matthew loves to cook gnocchi not only because it is delicious, but he can buy a prepared packet cheaply and it only takes 3 minutes to cook!
Since Matt introduced us to gnocchi I found out you can serve it with a wide variety of sauces and have been trying them out at home for a speedy supper. Matt cooked his gnocchi with a ragu sauce roughly the same as my recipe below.
Here’s the recipe:
- 500g pack gnocchi (2 packs if you are extra hungry)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp oregano
- ground black pepper
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 500g steak mince
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tub passata (500g)
- (optional – 1 glass red wine)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add all ingredients except the passata and cook for roughly 3-5 mins or until soft.
- Add steak mince and fry until browned.
- Add passata (wine if using) to frying pan, simmer for 15-20 mins.
- Serve on gnocchi with ground pepper.