This sauce will make enough for 2 or 3 servings. Make one big batch and freeze the extra so on a busy day you have something you can quickly microwave for dinner.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp oregano
- ground black pepper
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 500g steak mince
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tub passata (500g)
- (optional – 1 glass red wine)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add all ingredients except the passata and cook for roughly 3-5 mins or until soft.
- Add steak mince and fry until browned.
- Add passata (wine if using) to frying pan, simmer for 15-20 mins.