Tonight we are having steak, chosen and cut by our local butcher. We get all our meat at our local butcher, my 3 year old George knows him by name and will chat to him about what type of sausages he likes! To accompany our steak we will have potato wedges, they are very quick and very tasty. You can serve them with any recipe that might normally be associate with chips, but these are healthy chips!
Here is my recipe:
- Olive Oil
- Dried mixed herbs
- Potatoes (2 medium sized potatoes per person)
- Heat oven to 180°c.
- Scrub the potatoes, then cut each into half lengthways, and then in half lengthways again. Repeat until you have 8 even-shaped wedges.
- Pour a little oil onto a baking tray, use a pastry brush to cover the tray evenly in oil.
- Lay out the potatoes trying to keep them from over lapping.
- Drizzle potatoes with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and about 2tsp of mixed herbs (add herbs to your taste).
- Place in the pre-heated oven for approx 20 minutes or until the wedges are tender on the inside and their skins are golden and crispy.