Our campervan has been off the road for about 3 years and last week we finally got it serviced, taxed and working again! However, on the night we had to pick it up from the garage the traffic was terrible; when we got home I didn’t have time to cook my planned meal before my little boy’s dinner time, so I improvised and made up this Garden Pasta. Basically I knew anything with olives would be a big hit with George, he may be only 2 but he loves olives! The meal turned out to be a huge hit with us all and got George eating lots of vegetables. Try this recipe out, it is super healthy, super quick, super colourful and super tasty.
- 75g spaghetti per person
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sliced garlic clove
- 1 sliced courgette
- 1 sliced yellow or orange pepper
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp fresh or dried oregano
- ground black pepper
- 50g halved cherry tomatoes
- 50g sliced green olives
- fresh grated Parmesan
- handful chopped parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to instructions on packet.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add courgettes and peppers, cook on a medium heat for approx 5 mins.
- Add herbs and ground pepper (as much as you like) to frying pan, turn heat down and place a lid on, cook for a further 2-3 mins on a low heat.
- Add olives and cherry tomatoes to the pan, stir, and replace lid for a further 2 mins.
- Pour cooked and drained pasta to the frying pan, mix well.
- Top with plenty of grated Parmesan and chopped parsley.