I love the expensive yogurts with the creamy yogurt and stewed fruit or jam at the bottom. Well I guess they aren’t always too expensive, but I’m always looking for ways to save pennies and I’ve found a way to make this treat at home. I used to just put some yogurt and jam in a bowl but I decided to make this dessert more attractive. Here is how easy it is:
- Find a small clear jar (I used an old baby food jar).
- Put a couple of teaspoons of jam or stewed fruit at the bottom of the jar.
- Load up the rest of the jar with plain yogurt of your choice, I like greek yogurt.
My George likes to make his yogurt jar himself, it is a good way to get him involved and in my photo you can see him getting stuck into eating his dessert.
Why to give it a try:
- They are cheaper than buying pre-made yogurts of this type.
- You can make them with any flavour you like, giving you lots more choice than shop brands.
- Pop on the lid to your jar and you can put these yogurts in a lunchbox.
- They look very attractive when they are served.
- Old jars are being recycled which means less waste than buying yogurts in plastic pots.
- It is an incredibly quick way to make a pudding.