Here is a recipe which is popular at home. You can cook this in a saucepan or try using a slow cooker; you can prepare your meal early and have a tasty meal ready when you get home from work.
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 3 sliced chicken breasts (or use any left over chicken from the Sunday Roast)
- 1 finely chopped celery stick
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 large potato chopped in small chunks
- 1tsp curry powder
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml plain yogurt
- Fry chopped onion with chicken breast, garlic, chopped vegetables and spices until browned.
- Add tinned tomatoes simmer on low heat for approx 20 mins. Check chicken and potato are cooked through and turn off heat.
- Stir through yogurt.
Rice & green beans
Added 5 a day:
Try adding a bag of fresh spinach between stage 2 & 3 or some frozen spinach at stage 2.
Ways to make this dish quicker:
– After stage 1, add the tinned tomatoes and place in a slow cooker. At the end of the day you will have a quick, tasty meal, adding yogurt to serve.