This weekend we had Roast Chicken. I used the leftovers to make one of our favourite dinners: Coronation Chicken with my quick Jacket Potatoes.
This is a great recipe to cook with kids. If you chop and prepare the ingredients first they can mix everything together.
Here is my recipe:
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (approx)
- half an apple, chopped
- Approx 250g of cooked shredded chicken
- 2-3 dried apricots, chopped into small pieces
- a small handful of raisins
- 1 tsp gara massala (or curry powder will do)
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- ground black pepper (to your taste)
- Pour lemon juice over chopped apple to prevent it from discolouring.
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Taste your mixture, add a little more gara massala, black pepper or mayonnaise as you wish.
Top tip: Add some fresh chopped coriander to give it an extra special flavour.
For more ways to use Roast Chicken leftovers see my ideas here.