Thank you all for voting! It’s finally here, my chocolate cheesecake brownie, it turned out well and is oh so indulgent!!! The brownie went off to my husband’s workplace today, so I’m hoping they are all enjoying the brownie.
Asking everyone to vote on my recipe choice was great for me because I was forced to cook something that, not only had I never made before, but something I would not personally choose to cook. I was able to push myself to learn something new in the kitchen which is very important for a food blogger. I’ll be featuring more voting blog entries soon also look out this week for my free giveaway – 1 packet of Hale & Hearty’s Rich Chocolate Brownie Mix.
Here is the recipe:
Makes 16 slices
- 185 g unsalted butter, softened
- 30 g cocoa powder, sifted
- 220 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 150 g plain flour, sifted
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g milk chocolate chopped into small chunks
- 285 g full fat cream cheese, softened and chopped
- 4 1/2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- few drops of vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Line a greased baking tin (size roughly 25 x 25cm) with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the butter, cocoa, sugar, eggs and flour in a bowl and mix well until smooth, add in chocolate chunks and stir.
- Spoon mixture into baking tin and spread out evenly with a pallet knife.
- For the cheesecake, whiz the cream cheese, sugar and eggs in a food mixer/processor until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake liquid on top of the brownie mixture. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cheesecake mixture has set and lost its wobbly quality.
- Cool in the tin, cut into 16 slices.
Recipe adapted from Donna Hay, Chocolate.
These can be eaten just as they are but they are great as a dessert warmed through and served with vanilla ice cream.