It is another budget meal plan week for me. I have really been putting my thinking cap on and trying to use up everything from my larder. Luckily for me I have over the last couple of months always put my leftovers in the freezer, and now I’m reaping the rewards as I have several meals this week already prepared! Here is my meal plan this week:
- Jacket Potatoes & Beef Hash (plus salad)- from Jamie Oliver’s 30 Minute Recipes.
- Pasta Carbonara (plus salad) – from Sainsbury’s Feed Your Family recipes.
- Homemade Minestrone Soup (with hot cheesy bread rolls) – using tomatoes grown in my garden.
- The Ultimate Fishcakes (with green bean and roasted tomatoes)- a recipe I have devised for Supper Club* and need to practise.
- Stir Fry – using my own favourite recipes.
- Sausage & Mash (plus veg).
- Turkey Normandy (plus veg) – a recipe for Supper Club* that needs practising.
I find it really helpful to try and plan some lunch/snack ideas as well as my main meal plan. This way I do not end up having to pop out for extras and can make sure I’m not eating the same thing each day – which for me would mean I’d be eating an awful lot of cheese sandwiches! Boring, plus all that saturated fat is not so great for the figure. Here are my ideas:
- Scrambled Eggs on toast
- Ham sandwiches with crudites
- Cheese on toast with fruit and yogurt
*My next Supper Club (as featured in the Sunday Mirror) is on the 17th of September. I have one table left, it can fit a variety of sizes so email if you are interested: email@example.com
I serve a 2 course meal with tea and coffee for £15, read about my last Supper Club here.