Why take the time out to get organised with a meal plan? Here are 10 reasons to persuade you…
- Using a structured meal plan saves time thinking and considering recipes each day; reusing meal plans or rotating a monthly plan of recipes saves even greater time.
- Planning all meals in one go allows for food shopping to be cut to once a week, saving time spent popping to the shops everyday, and less money being spent with daily shopping trips often adding up to more than one large weekly shop.
- It is possible to plan for leftovers, when you have a roast dinner you can plan to use any leftovers in a stir fry or pasta so there is less food wasted which is good economically and environmentally.
- Busy days can be less stressful as a quick meal or casserole prepared ahead will make things easier.
- No more worries about a healthy diet as planning a whole week of meals lets you make sure your diet is balanced.
- Last minute dashes to the takeaway, which can be expensive and unhealthy, will be gone as there will always be something planned for dinner.
- Less snacking – meal planning helps to get dinner on the table before you get too hungry and start to snack.
- Time spent in the supermarket is shorter as no need to wander around hoping for inspiration and trying to remember what is left in the fridge.
- Families can get kids involved in meal planning, even sometimes choosing meals they can help to cook.
- Everybody should be happy with what is cooked, as family members can all have some say in the plan and will know what to expect each evening.
One more reason:
Plan a week of meals and it is ideally suited to ordering all the ingredients online. Online shopping is very useful but does require organisation and planning.