I’ve cooked this recipe a couple of times now and each time it has been a big hit. The best part about it is that it only takes 5 minutes to whip together and 5 minutes to cook in the microwave. Hot chocolate pudding in 10 minutes, what could be better? I suggest you serve this with either ice cream or, best of all, hot chocolate sauce.
I served this to 10 people, each having a reasonable portion, but I’ve also cooked the same amount for 2, eaten far too much (!) and had some left over for pudding throughout the week. By the way every one of the 10 people wanted this recipe!
- 200g granulated sugar
- 100g cup self-raising flour
- 150g cup cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 130ml boiling water
- Sift together the sugar, flour and cocoa.
- Add the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased large (approx 9 inch) microwave-safe dish (glass or ceramic).
- Gently pour the boiling water over the top of the cake, do not stir the water in.
- Cover the dish with a dinner plate or a glass lid.
- Microwave the cake for 5 minutes at regular power.
- Remove the cover, and push a spoon into the center of the cake. The cake should be set, but have a layer of chocolate ‘sauce’ at the bottom. If the pudding is done, remove it from the microwave and wait 5 minutes before serving.
- If it is still wet put it back into the microwave, without a cover, and cook for another minute or so.